Our team is eagerly awaiting your arrival and we look forward to providing a warm welcome. By making a reservation, all guests confirm they will comply with the Safe Travels Program, State of Hawaii orders and Park Shore Waikiki policies for your safety, the safety of other guests and hotel staff.
The State of Hawaii Government Orders on traveling to Hawaii
- All travelers must have a confirmed negative COVID-19 test from an approved trusted testing and travel partner within 72 hours of the final leg of their trip to the Hawaiian Islands as an alternative to Hawaii's mandatory 10-day quarantine. Anyone without a negative test result PRIOR to departure must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.
- For more information visit hawaiicovid19.com/travel and register with the State of Hawaii Safe Travels online system. The state of Hawaii will ONLY accept test results from Trusted Testing and Travel Partners. All incoming travelers are required to have their temperatures checked and complete a health questionnaire online before they can leave the airport.
- Information may change at any time. Please visit gohawaii.com/travel-requirements or check official websites for the most current orders prior to your arrival.
- Park Shore Waikiki has engaged V2 Safe Solutions, a Hawaii-based beginning to end pandemic management agency, to provide guests with a seamless experience to accuarately and efficiently navigate through the Safe Travels Hawaii requirements. LEARN MORE
City and County of Honolulu Restrictions
- Social gatherings are limited to up to five individuals, including beaches and other indoor and outdoor activities.
- For additional orders about Oahu restrictions, visit Honolulu.gov.
Visit our Hotel Updates page for Amenities & Services available.
Your Wellbeing is Our Top Priority
Updated August 18, 2020
Ensuring a safe, clean and inviting environment is at the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality.
In response to COVID-19, we have initiated and are maintaining industry-leading and scientifically driven elevated cleanliness standards to safeguard the well-being of our guests and colleagues. Our strengthened safety and sanitizing measures incorporate the latest guidance from the world’s leading health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and apply to all guest rooms, public and staff-only areas.
The comprehensive strategies we are employing are rooted in industry experience, based on the latest scientific guidance, and utilize hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current science and technology available.
At a glance, here is what we are doing to keep you safe and comfortable.
- Keeping our Distance. Social distancing measures have been implemented in all public, event and staff-only areas of the hotel.
- Sanitizer Stations Throughout. Touch-less hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout all public, event and staff-only areas of the hotel.
- Enhanced and More Frequent Cleaning. EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are standard protocol and used in guest rooms and to clean public, event and staff-only areas of our hotel.
- Personal Protection Equipment Required. Orders issued by the State of Hawaii mandate that masks be worn in all public areas. All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are required to wear face masks in all public areas.
- In-room Safety Kits Provided. Upon arrival, each room includes a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, a pair of disposable gloves and disinfectant wipes.
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel enters a guest's room during their stay without guest permission.
- Training and Education. All hotel associates undergo regular training on the latest safety and cleanliness guidelines.
We look forward to welcoming you soon. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Keeping you safe begins with keeping our valued hotel associates safe. Our dedicated COVID-19 task force has developed a multi-pronged approach to health and well-being, which stresses cleanliness and hygiene standards and regular education and training.
Our associates are equipped to handle confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases among guests and colleagues. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed below.
- Proper hand washing and other safety protocol trainings are conducted regularly. Guests are also encouraged to adhere to regular 20-second handwashing/sanitizing guidelines.
- Front desks will be equipped with plexiglass sneeze guards, and all staff (e.g. front desk, concierge, valets, etc.) are required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Social distance markers are placed in all public areas (where applicable) to encourage social distancing awareness.
- COVID-19 policies and protocols are provided to each guest upon check-in as well as in pre-arrival communication.
- Elevator capacity will be limited, as appropriate, to maintain social distances in controlled spaces.
- Should a guest or staff member be diagnosed with COVID-19 after leaving the hotel, all guests and staff that were present at the same time will be notified. If a guest or staff member is diagnosed while staying with us, proper isolation protocols will be followed pursuant to CDC and WHO guidelines, and guests and staff will be notified.
- Guest Rooms
- EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are used to clean each guest room, with special attention paid to all high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, light switches, etc.).
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel will enter your room during your stay without your permission. (Please note, for the safety of our guests and team members, daily housekeeping services are limited and not offered on short stays. For stays of 5 or more nights, a “tidy” will be conducted every 4th day for the duration of your stay, this will cover replenishing bathroom towels and removal of trash. A full cleaning service (changing of linens, vacuum and sanitizing) is available at your request anytime during your stay for an additional fee.
- Upon arrival, each room includes a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, a pair of disposable gloves and disinfectant wipes.
- Guests are encouraged to use mobile keys where available. In the event of key card usage, all guest keys are disinfected via UVC light treatment upon check out.
- For the laundry and cleaning of bed linens and towels, sealed laundry bags are utilized during transportation to and from the cleaning facility.
- Public Areas
- We utilize EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants throughout all public areas, including:
- Elevator cabs
- Public restrooms
- Pool areas
- Fitness center
- All high-touch public area surfaces such as handrails and door handles will be wiped down with EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants.
- All guest touch points are sanitized after each transaction including credit cards devices (where applicable) pens, registration countertops and room key cards.
- Touch-less hand sanitizer stations are located in key areas throughout our hotel including hotel entrance, front desk, meeting room landings and elevator landings.
- Pool furniture will be cleaned using EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants and chaise lounges are cleaned and covered after each use to identify cleaning has been completed.
- We utilize EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants throughout all public areas, including:
- Meetings & Events
- Prior to commencement of any meeting or event, EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are utilized on all areas.
- Attendance is limited to 35 square feet per attendee to maintain necessary social distancing space.
- No-touch table service is implemented to adhere to safe social distancing guidelines.
- Sustainable disposable packaging is used for all meals and breaks whenever possible.
- Tables and chairs are spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart to allow for safe distances between guests.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed at all entry points in meeting spaces.
- Safety guidelines will be posted at all meeting entryways.
- Breaks are staggered to minimize group sizes.
- Safety protocol reviews with meeting and event planners are conducted prior to any event to ensure adherence to our rigorous policies.
- Fitness Center
- Thorough and easy-to-follow safety guidelines are posted at the fitness entrance.
- EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are used to clean all communal areas with special attention made to all high-touch surfaces.
- All soft surfaces are cleaned with hospital-grade anti-microbial disinfectant and water.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located in restroom.
- All furniture, fitness equipment and room layouts accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- All guest touch points are sanitized after each use, including fitness equipment, credit card devices (where applicable), pens, registration countertops, and locker room keys.
Park Shore Waikiki is a proud member of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) Safe Stay Program and exceeds all AHLA health and safety protocols.